cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation connection error [Resolved - F010146436]

Godbold
Dialled in

Had no problems for months then on Sunday both PS5 and PS4 keep disconnecting and reconnecting,multiple people on twitter from around the country reporting same issue has to be either virgin or PlayStation side
PS I have Hub 4

[MOD EDIT: Ticket raised under F010146436 - resolved]

396 REPLIES 396

Spoiler
Can you put the details in here again for that DNIS please mate?

DoubtLess2022
On our wavelength

Hi. Might be a crazy idea...

Rather than changing DNS settings, is there any way to add a static route on a Hub4 to the PSN servers? Would that work?

LizardInTheWell
Tuning in

Has there been a public acknowledgement yet? A twitter post or anything?

I called to cancel my subscription to virgin the other day and they claimed it was just me so id have to pay a disconnection fee.

I'd really like to draw a line under this and get a better provider.

Absolute shambles, 7 days tomorrow for me

Any chance of a response from a mod? Was told they’re in here looking at comments…

We;; at least they are saying they know there is a problem now lol,only took em a weekA24A1764-C63B-4205-AC5D-C8E17BCFBA0C.jpeg

It’s also affecting the Nintendo Switch Online service and iTunes, as well as my PS5. I’m very bored of server errors or basic functions not loading. 😭

@DoubtLess2022 wrote:

Hi. Might be a crazy idea...

Rather than changing DNS settings, is there any way to add a static route on a Hub4 to the PSN servers? Would that work?

I just checked and, while totally technically possible to be able to, you cannot do it in the Hub's settings. You'd need a third-party router and to use your Hub in Bridge Mode (modem-only).  I like ASUS and Eero’s routers, as well as UniFi’s Alien range. Netgear's Orbi is good too.

Be very picky with your DNS provider - they can glean a wealth of information. CloudFlare would be my pick any day of the week by a mile, as they’ve been independently ranked as the fastest service and their privacy policy is industry-leading.

It’s not so bad when it’s just a console, as you’re only hitting so many domains anyway (even in games) so there’s not much actual useful tracking data, but adding a phone or computer is another kettle of fish entirely. 

1RossWalker
Tuning in

Seemed like it had been fixed this morning/afternoon for me but has started acting up the last hour or so

Thanks for your reply @Telexian. At least I won't spend any time this evening trying to set up something which can't be achieved with the Hub.

Of course the elephant in the room is that none of us should have to be applying workarounds to get a consumer product or service to work. I'm really disappointed in Virgin's communication on this. The community is a much better source of knowledge and help.

I fully agree with what you advised on being cautious about using random DNS providers, which I guess you picked up from my question.

It does sound like CloudFlare are reputable but I'll probably still wait it out and just play Elden Ring offline. At least the TV is working!

Cheers for your help.