cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phonecalls from virgin

j-wilkes
Joining in

Ten phonecalls in ten minutes from virgin media security department. Number is now witheld, got [MOD EDIT: Removed] from previous call. Saying we have suspicious messages coming from our router. Can someone confirm if this is genuine please? I am normally at work and so my non tech savvy father took the original call. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @j-wilkes,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

This is a scam and we'd never make unsolicited service calls in this way. 

We have some tips here on how to handle these types of calls.  

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Total scam, VM do not make this type of call. In fact unless VM are trying to sell you something any calls from them are 99% scams.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @j-wilkes,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

This is a scam and we'd never make unsolicited service calls in this way. 

We have some tips here on how to handle these types of calls.  

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is yet another number that has been cloned by the scammers. It belongs to a legitimate company in London. I have requested it be removed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @j-wilkes,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you've had but as @Tudor advised that this is a scam call as we wouldn't make such calls to our customers.

We have some ways to help combat such calls here but if the numbers are cloned its very hard to stop these calls happening.

Regards,

Steven_L

PaulHibbert
On our wavelength

I had one this morning, said he was from Virgin Media.  He asked about broadband speeds and told me there was a problem with my internet.  He asked which operating system I was using and then directed me to [www.bit.ly/m/virginhelp] which looks legit but surely the /m/ is for mobiles?  I hung up and didn't click on anything.

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 12.57.30.jpg

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PaulHibbert,

Apologies for the issues faced and welcome back to the community.

That appears to be a scam call as our webpage would be this link.

Thanks for raising this however.

Regards,

Kain