cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistant Intermittent connection problems

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Right the problem ive got for the past several months is my internet just keep cutting out..all my devices are on wifi ..i have not got computers  ethernet connected.

i phoned virgin up 6 weeks ago..and basically was told to reset the router,which never worked..

i phoned yesterday and talked to a south african sounding girl..

she said well send you out a pod.

i said ive allready got a pod on the landing of the house..

and im sitting in my living room 3 metres away from the hub and cable box..and ive got no internet..a pod is not gonna fix it..

she said she cant see any problems there end so i suggested that ive had this hub 3 for years since day 1..could you send me another..

they wont send me a new hub

She said we cant send an engineer

soo really theres not much more we can do..thats what she said..

so ive got faulty cutting out internet and pay a £TON a month..

what now

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..
3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
OK it would really help if we knew whether it was just a wifi issue or a Hub/Netwok connection one.

Can you connect a computer/laptop on a cat5e/6 ethernet cable - just trail oit over carpet/up stairs etc whilst you run the test.

If it is just wifi then VM now have wifi-max which guarantees a wifi connection or money back.

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

If ethernet drops too then its a Hub network connection that we can take a look at too

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thats a problem.

we havent got computers in laptops.

just ipads and iphones.

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets see the Hub data - can you do this

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. On the first page up dont login (unless you have the Hub4/5 - when you do login) just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3) or top/right (SH’s) of the Login page and then Navigate to these “pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again. If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.