Menu
Skot4th
Tuning in
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 350Mbps for 25 months, recieving 50Mbps... Due to bad install location

Because Virgin are losing a loyal customer?  Cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I also want to date Michelle Keegan, doesn't mean I am going to get it does it?

0 Kudos
Skot4th
Tuning in
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 350Mbps for 25 months, recieving 50Mbps... Due to bad install location

Relocate the modem to a more sensible position.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Skot4th wrote:
Relocate the modem to a more sensible position.

That won’t necessarily cure your Wifi woes. In fact it’s unlikely to and you would have pi**ed £99 away. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Skot4th
Tuning in
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It won't need to cure my WiFi problems. Where I want it relocating to is an easy run under the floorboards for an ethernet cable, probably a 30 minute job, or even the coax being brought through under the floorboards that I could pre-lift.

What's not so easy is running an ethernet down and into where the modem currently is.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Skot4th wrote:

It won't need to cure my WiFi problems. Where I want it relocating to is an easy run under the floorboards for an ethernet cable, probably a 30 minute job, or even the coax being brought through under the floorboards that I could pre-lift.

What's not so easy is running an ethernet down and into where the modem currently is.

Ok.

Then you need to pay the £99 non-callout fee.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Skot4th
Tuning in
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

But I don't need to pay anything? I simply move to another provider (Voda), save £44 a month on what I'm spending and recieve the same speed / service as I currently am in a real world environment. 

VM then loses the £44 per month it would have had over the next X years, plus the opportunity to upsell, over a £99 install fee which doesn't cost them £99.

Ive worked in telecoms for other providers large and small since leaving VM and know in such a competitive market place, you so what you have to to keep your customers no matter how big or small they or you are.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Skot4th wrote:

But I don't need to pay anything? I simply move to another provider (Voda), save £44 a month on what I'm spending and recieve the same speed / service as I currently am in a real world environment. 

I refer you to the first answer I gave in this thread - It sounds like you have already made up your mind..

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@Skot4th wrote:

VM then loses the £44 per month it would have had over the next X years, plus the opportunity to upsell, over a £99 install fee which doesn't cost them £99.

Ive worked in telecoms for other providers large and small since leaving VM and know in such a competitive market place, you so what you have to to keep your customers no matter how big or small they or you are.

Okie dokie.

Im sure your £44 will make such a massive debt in their billion pound balance sheet… 🙄

Your “real world environment” appears to be just one room and is therefore not reflective of “real world” at all. 

0 Kudos
Skot4th
Tuning in
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure your toxic personality makes a difference to many people 🤣

Clearly treating loyal customer fairly is about more than 1 customer. You do everything you can to keep each and every customer happy. That's how you maintain your level as a business. One complaint or issue is one too many, especially in a world of social media, trust pilot and NPS scores 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Please don't continue to make off-topic posts in this thread, as it doesn't help the OP solve their issue. If you want to continue a discussion, please either take it to Private Messages or discuss in our Chatter forum. Please also note that further off-topic posting may result in individual warnings, review the Forum Guidelines for more information.

Thanks

Melissa
0 Kudos