Menu
hdd
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Painfully Slow Connection in Area 3

Has anyone else in Area 3 been experiencing really slow connections? It has got to the stage that if I have an important Zoom meeting I have to disconnect every other device  from the hub & then hope that I’m not the one freezing in the meeting. In fact, they’re auditions and a stable connection is an absolute ‘must have’. My Hub 3 has given great service for a number of years & I’d like to upgrade my package, but I can’t find any link.

Always learning!
0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Painfully Slow Connection in Area 3

@hdd wrote:

Has anyone else in Area 3 been experiencing really slow connections? It has got to the stage that if I have an important Zoom meeting I have to disconnect every other device  from the hub & then hope that I’m not the one freezing in the meeting. In fact, they’re auditions and a stable connection is an absolute ‘must have’. My Hub 3 has given great service for a number of years & I’d like to upgrade my package, but I can’t find any link.

I have just done a speed test using the independent one Virgin recommends. With my M200 package I should have a guaranteed download speed over just over 200mps. According to the test (screenshot attached) my download speed in 2.28mps. I appreciate local factors that may affect speed but with the TiVo, Smart Meter & just my phone connected- 2.28?!

I’ll keep monitoring the speed. There have been sluggish periods before but not this slow in a long time. 
sorry can’t seem to find how to attach the screen shot.

k

Always learning!
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The most useful and up to date info comes from the 0800 561 0061 number. Try that to see if there are any faults that the web service hasn't picked up!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @hdd

Thank you for your post regarding the slow speeds you are experiencing, I am really sorry to hear that you are suffering such sluggish speeds at the moment. Have you checked virg.in/service or called our Automated Service Status line on 0800 561 0061 to check for local outage information that may be causing this?

Were your speed test results from a wired or wireless connection?

To upgrade your package, please visit this link , give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or send us a text to +44753 305 1809 and we will be able to sort this out for you.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Serena, will try it out

Always learning!
0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

Always learning!
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Happy to help @hdd!

Please let me know how you get on 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I managed to ‘chat’ to Liza last night & she was so helpful. And, even though it was frustratingly long, I was impressed by the security measures before I could ask for changes. Have got my broadband oomphed up & I can see the difference already

Always learning!
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @hdd

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm so glad to hear you received great customer service from Liza and that you can see the difference with your broadband already.

Please do let me know if there's anything else you need,

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos