cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss for 2 years no improvement

jinsakaisama
Tuning in

Hello I have been experiencing packet loss for almost 2 years it started just after or during CoVid and it’s stuck ever since. I have been having ping spikes on and off always during the day and at randoms time up to 3am. I have had more than a number of engineers come look at my house and equipment change wires/adapters I changed my Ethernet cable but problem still persisted. However I did just finally have enough and contacted a friend that’s good with finding problems like these and he told me to use pingplotter and I have identified where my packet loss is coming from and which IP address I was wondering if I am able to post it here on forums without risking any IP address of my own leaked or so? I did pings from YouTube and Twitter on pingplotter and whenever I experience packet loss/ping spikes in gsme I quickly look into pingplotter and it shows where the spikes and packet loss is coming from this may be help for a few other people that are experiencing this problem as it was really hard to pinpoint for a really long time but this may be of some help please advice if I can post my pingplotter results. Many thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

Okay that’s fine, so how do we process a tech coming out do I call or would I be getting a private message? 

Hello @Travis_M sorry I’m new to using this forums but yeah can send a tech out. Would you need to message me or something? 

Still waiting on response or shall I call on phone for technician I’m lost 😕

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jinsakaisama,

I'm sorry you haven't received a PM from our Team. I'll pop you one now, so we can confirm that we have the correct account. Please look out in the top-right of our forums and there will be a purple envelope

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ifsana,

Thank you so much for providing me with the additional few days of data via PM. I've sent an email to your local Area Field Manager for some further support on this to see what we can do to get things back to normal again.

Unfortunately, I can't give an exact timeframe on a response as the Area Field Manager also does engineering work so will not have access to their emails consistently. I'll reach out once I've had a response. Feel free to pop me any further updates or changes 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Thank you so much for your help and information very good service. Is it possible I  could pop you a message to see when the field manager has looked into the issue and fixed it? 

Hey jinsakaisama, thank you for getting back to us.

Yes of course it is okay, please do keep us updated on this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?