Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 41 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only get 4-5Meg upload speed on a 200Meg service

Just been on a call with Sam from 150, after 45min wait in queue I have 20mins with him before we got cut off at 1h 5mins - thanks Virgin Mobile!  

Anyway - after he made usual checks etc he said nothing wrong with network etc, I asked him to check records and after some more time on hold he came back to say the matter had been escalated to Network Engineering and they were investigating, I know this as they have been involved since the middle of August, when Jason one of the Network Engineers attended my house and happily told me he could get over 35meg upload from my house but could not get the same through my equipment, said I needed another V3 hub, (even though this would be my second in 3 weeks) and then happily left. 

So does anyone know how to reach Network Engineering and how do I get an update from them, or when can I expect them to fix the problem, or even get a call from them to let me know what's happening?

What a saga and a waste of every ones time.

🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 42 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Maybe they could try a Hub4 at this point? 

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 43 of 49
Flag for a moderator

lol, never knew a Hub4 existed!

I guess they are a bit like getting a fix to my issue!

Oh, thanks for the reply it made me smile 🙂

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 44 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hi @squareiz,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been out of the office and disappointed to hear that you're still having issues with your upload speeds. I've emailed the Area Field Manager and Team to take another look into this as the last thing I saw was that they had several people investigating so I've asked for an update.

I'll update you as soon as they get back to me and once again thank you for your continued patience.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 45 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lisa, appreciate your help.

Have a brilliant day!

Phil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 46 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I'm glad to say someone has finally managed to fix this!

With an IP change last night I now have different routing and an upload speed of 18Meg, fingers crossed it stays like this.

Thanks to whomever did this and thank you to all the others who helped or tried to help over the last 2+ months.

Finally

Phil 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 49
Flag for a moderator

I was just reading through this epic thread and I have to say your patience and perseverance was pretty impressive - congrats on the fix!

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 48 of 49
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jim!

You have to keep smiling, funny though, Virgin are so disconnected and siloed no one from Virgin has even contacted me to report the issue is fixed,  I only found out myself when the IP changed and I thought that might have something to do with it.

All a bit of a farce really, its a shame they blunt great broadband performance (when there are no issues) with shambolick operations, I guess this is the Yin and Yang of the broadband provider! 😁

Now, how do I get this TIVO box fixed that keeps failing to update its programme listings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 49
Flag for a moderator

As per one of my other threads, the change of IP suggests you've been moved to another segment of the network:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Dynamic-IP-Change-Frequency/td-p/4407087

No idea about the TIVO, gl with that lol

0 Kudos