Menu
ethan_h
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No wifi but there is ethernet connection

so i set up my new hub 3 yesterday however it hasn't got any WI-FI coming from it, I've reset it factory reset it i even checked the hub 3 website and it says that there should be Wi-Fi and internet available, but there isn't. The thing is, is i have connected my ethernet cable to my pc and it allows me to use the internet but no where else. to add there is only a yellow light on my hub and the WI-FI LED and the internet LED have gone too.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No wifi but there is ethernet connection

Login to the hubs admin pages and check that WiFi is enabled and check the names of the SSID's being broadcast

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
g0akc
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ethan_h wrote:

i have connected my ethernet cable to my pc and it allows me to use the internet but no where else. 

What do you mean by this?  You've connected your PC to the hub using an Ethernet cable? Where else do you expect to access other than the internet?  Do you mean you can't see your local network?

When you login to the hub and check status and wireless settings what do you see?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
ethan_h
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

so for example i can connect to the internet when my ethernet cable is plugged into my laptop but when i try to connect wirelessly to the internet from say my phone the Wi-Fi just isn't there and it wont let me get internet

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ethan_h

I'm so sorry to see you've been having these issues and thank you so much for taking the time to post in our forums. 

Can I ask if you are still facing this issue or if you have been able to speak to an agent at all?

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos