Menu
Nikeeta81
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No internet

Hi!

I am really desperate now. We had connection issues all week. Our devices (mobile phones, laptop, tablet, computer) were connecting fine to the Hub, but there was no internet connection. I tried to troubleshoot, but always got the message of "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration" and "the DNS server isn't responding".

I tried to reset the rooter a couple of times now - as a result I can not even connect to the Hub now.

Can anyone explain what's happening and what is the solution, please?

We really need internet in our home with the schools shut and would be keen a quick fix that lasts.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet

Try a Hub reset first.

Make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connection in), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 seconds, release the pin, leave for 10’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time.

See if that helps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos