Menu
Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No customer service

Hi I have been trying to speak or have a web chat with someone for days unsuccessfully. 

I recently asked to leave due to poor broadband but instead was persuaded to upgrade my speed and was to be sent 2 x intelligent wifi pods. 

I understand that covid may extend the 48 hrs delivery period but 2 weeks later I am still waiting with no evidence that they were even ordered. I work from home and have 2 children trying to home school with little or no wifi in 50 % of the property. 

I cant call, there's no  access to web chat and my cooling off period is expired.

I need someone anyone to email me call etc . I cant even cancel my contract. 

Any help appreciated 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No customer service

WiFi speeds and connectivity are not guaranteed.

You need to use a wired connection where possible for stability etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply , however I am aware of all  that and that doesn't help me.

I am waiting on equipment promised which will make my wifi useable in my house. There seems to be no way to speak to anyone to resolve the issue.

I am only asking for what was agreed contractually and am not getting it .

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The WiFi Pods are currently out of stock.

They are also add-ons and not subject to any contractual terms.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Interesting & thanks for your reply

I was told from the leaving team that they had been ordered and would be with me in 48hrs which was a big part of me not leaving. The agreed package included the intelligent wifi pods to ensure I receive even a basic coverage. which was one of the reasons I agreed to stay as without them my wifi is not fit for purpose even with 350 speed. 

If I was not given what was promised then I have the right to cancel regardless of whether they are an add on or not as without them I cannot received the wifi that I am paying for. 

I am pretty upset that I have been waiting for something that was never going to come, no one on the phones and no web chat . Its really poor .

I have been a customer for 20 years but why pay for a service that is not fit for purpose?

I

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Becuase you don't pay for WiFi. The speeds you pay for are based on wired connections.

If wired connections work fine then the connection being provided is fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that .

I specifically sited my poor wifi coverage in the property even with a VM booster as a reason for leaving to a  member of the leaving team.

The resolution was to boost the speed and 2x intelligent wifi pods. If this didn't work then I could cancel my contract. This is not a wifi speed issue its basically no wifi coverage in 50 % of my property. 

As my decision to remain a customer was based on the advice and equipment promised no equipment means no solution and the deal was not kept , its  basic retail rights and I certainly have the option to leave. 

As my agreement was to get the pods to resolve the issue and no pods are available then the issue cannot be resolved. Unfortunately customer services have been unreachable for quite a few days now. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
EmilyKate
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey! I’m having similar issues and wondered if you could advise how you spoke to virgin. Media about leaving in the first place? 

Kobi1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I spent  well over 2 hours on the phone 2 weeks ago and manged to get through. It does seem that customer services are really busy which I do understand given Covid.

But no web chat , no phone service all that is left is a chat board to moan on . Its really frustrating.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Kobi1 wrote:

Thanks for that .

I specifically sited my poor wifi coverage in the property even with a VM booster as a reason for leaving to a  member of the leaving team.

The resolution was to boost the speed and 2x intelligent wifi pods. If this didn't work then I could cancel my contract. This is not a wifi speed issue its basically no wifi coverage in 50 % of my property. 

As my decision to remain a customer was based on the advice and equipment promised no equipment means no solution and the deal was not kept , its  basic retail rights and I certainly have the option to leave. 

As my agreement was to get the pods to resolve the issue and no pods are available then the issue cannot be resolved. Unfortunately customer services have been unreachable for quite a few days now. 

Thanks

But the pods aren't a contractual part of your account. They are an add-on.

0 Kudos