cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet connection

Aktasufuk
Joining in

Hi,

my hub has arrived today and i started it. But there is no connection. When I checked the service status, it says there is an issue on my postcode, nw2 2jn. Is there anybody who has this problem?

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service for local faults.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 - it is an automated service for local faults.

Thank you so much. There is a big issue in my area.

In some ways the bigger the issue the better.

It may cause a blackout but it gets plenty of engineer time and management focus.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Aktasufuk, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the broadband connection that you're facing. 😕
I've had a look and there is an SNR fault issue in the are affecting the service.
The repair date is set for: March 13th by 4pm in the afternoon, the fault reference code is:F010195168.

Here's some more information about SNR's:
SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system).

The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates he amount of work required and the time frame for resolution.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ilyas,

thanks for replying. I am a customer of Virgin Media since nearly two weeks. But I can’t access to the internet properly yet. I can access to internet nearly 3-4 hours in a day. Rest of day, no internet connection. Unfortunately, i will terminate my contract on the beginning of next week.

thanks

Hi @Aktasufuk 

I am sorry you're cancelling however due to the area fault I do fully understand your decision. Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist with.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill