Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Broadband - does Virgin care?

Thanks lambo220, 

I've completed checks and systems are advising you need a hub replacement.

I've arranged this for you now and it should be with you within 5 working days. 

Just a case of swapping over the equipment and calling our quickstart line- all this information will be on the paperwork received with the hub 🙂

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Alex

thanks for getting involved - you’ve been very helpful.  

Is there any way we can get the hub quicker - we’ve already been without broadband for a week. 

Finally, I’m sorry for being so arsey, but honestly, this has been one of the most frustrating interactions I’ve had for a long time. You call centre/help line leaves a lot to be desired. 

best wishes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I can appreciate your frustrations lambo220, 

I'm sorry but I would be unable to get the hub out to you any sooner, the standard process if that it would be delivered within the 5 days.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sadly the saga continues. 

new super hub and the same fault and flashing lights.  20mins on the helpline with no answer. 

8 days without broadband

Virgin Media. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi lambo220,

I do apologise for any continued frustration with regards to your broadband trouble, I can certainly understand the inconvenience this must have caused.

In taking a look at the backend of your services, it appears that you're back up and running as expected. Is everything sorted for you now, or is there anything further you need help with?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Rachael

thanks. Back up and running yesterday the engineer was fantastic.  Turns out that a block had been put on my line by VirginMedia!! 

From the point the complaint was taken seriously to it being fixed took 48 hours - and that was because I couldnt be at home to meet the engineer. 

But I still can’t understand why it took 8 days of useless help lines to get to that stage (didn’t they know that lines had been blocked and an engineer needed to be called out) but I am grateful it’s now fixed 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi lambo220,

That's brilliant news, thank you for letting us know. I'm really sorry that it took so long to identify the issue, although I can't see record of any blocks on your account.

If we had actioned what is known as an "RP Block" on your services as a result of noise ingress from your property, we would have popped a card through to door to advise of this and request that you give us a call to resolve.

I'm pleased that full functionality has now been restored, please don't hesitate to reach out with any further queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos