Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No Broadband - does Virgin care?

Our email dropped out on 12 Nov and latest fix date is 22 to 24 Nov.  I've spoken to the help line several times, each time they appear to follow the same script which provides no help or clarity at all:

- 'its an Area Fault' - but if you look at the service status, everything is fine.

- its an intermittent fault, reset the box and wait 30 mins - I've done this countless times and can only conclude that this is a tactic to get you off the line.

Has anyone else experienced this?  How did you get it fixed?  Is this sufficient grounds to move to Sky mid contract with no penalties as the failure to supply a paid for service clearly sits with Virgin?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Broadband - does Virgin care?

As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It just get worse. Very shortly after I posted this, they texted me to say it was fixed. It wasn’t.  Is this just another delaying tactic?

For a company carrying the Virgin brand, I am staggered at how poor the service is  

BTW thanks jbrennand. Will try to get a fault number - not been offered one thus far. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So it continues-

another text saying it’s fixed when it isn’t. 
then phone the help number. Went through the menus and they ran another test which apparently showed there might actually be a problem and transferred me to another number. Been on hold for 15mins. 

I suppose Virgin media are making money out of the call but shame about my kids who can’t do their homework. 

Wonder if Watchdog still exist - they’d have fun with this one. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi lambo220, 

Thanks for your post, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the Internet.

I've tried to run a health check of your equipment but it's currently showing as offline. Can you please reboot the equipment, and let me know when you've done this so I can check again?

Many thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Alex

rebooted it as requested. It’s still coming up with the same flashing green arrows that have been showing since it first went down. 

the wires haven’t been touched since your colleagues ran their checks, so I guess it can’t be the connection. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The flashing green wifi arrows (if its a Hub3) is a known bug on the Hub (can be fixed) and is usually an irrelevance - what matters is what the base light is doing.
Steady white light signifies good connection - flashing green means disconnected and trying to connect.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I’ve got 3 lights

solid green wifi, flashing green arrows, solid green base light. Any idea what that means?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yep - see link - you didnt say which Hub model you have (I assumed Hub3) printed on its base sticker/card

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
The flashing green wifi arrows (if its a Hub3) is a known bug on the Hub (can be fixed) and is usually an irrelevance - what matters is what the base light is doing.
Steady white light signifies good connection - flashing green means disconnected and trying to connect.

The bug is with the WiFi light, the arrows are a different light and aren't affected. 

0 Kudos