cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband. Green flashing light

Fesansom
Tuning in

We having had a Broadband connection since sometime mid afternoon (I think, I was out).  There was no fault coming up in our area, so did the online hub test  which said it had to said out a technician.  So I booked it fir Saturday which was the soonest time.  However since then a fault in our area came and went, but didn't fix our connection.  BUT it appears to have cancelled our technician appointment!@!!@!@!!

Do I have to waits days for a bloomin new one!!! Grrr.  Virgin service is terrible recently with outages.  Can someone contact me to rebook the tech visit ASAP!

I've gone i to the hub setting and in info it says Network access Blocked

This is not a new connection.  There is nothing wrong with the account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If there is a known fault all Tech visits are auto-cancelled until its fixed.

So try

(1) the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

(2) the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If there is a known fault all Tech visits are auto-cancelled until its fixed.

So try

(1) the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

(2) the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John.  Much appreciated for the info and quick reply!

I tried the phone number you gave and it does say there's an intermittent problem in my area that they are trying to resolve (constant problem if you ask me).  I must say though that there should be an automated email to say they've cancelled the technician booking to look at my hub, not have it just disappear! Appalling customer service.

Unhelpfully the phone number then texts me a link to track the issue, which simply sends me back to the online service status which says there's no problem. 🙄  Good grief.

Infuriating.  As I'm now restricted to working from my phone data with my fingers crossed my broadband might come back in the near future.  No Tv replay for me again tonight.  ☹️

Still no broadband, now everything says there's no problem in my area (online service status and the 0800 phone number).  I try to book a technician visit after going through all the checks to my hub etc it says I should book a technicianvisit. So I pick a time, tick the accept boxes.....and then an error page comes up 'whoops' can't do it.  Tried again and again.  So I can't get any help/info anywhere.  🤬

I can only assume I can't book anything because there is a fault in my area!???

Hi @Fesansom thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you've been without your internet service and of the impact it had on your ability to work from home.  I have checked on our systems from here and can see that you should be back up and running.  I would like to discuss the next steps with you.  So I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

Beanny93
Joining in

I’ve just recently signed up but no internet and got green flashing light

Hey Beanny93, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community.

I have taken a look at our end and I can see you have been in contact with the team, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?