cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user, buffering issue but speed!

Goffy63
Joining in
  • Hi,
  • I’ve had my M350 fibre installed a week. It’s a Wi-Fi setup in my hall ( my old Sky was under my tv, it was installed in the hall ( approx 10 ft away from the tv now) for ease and the Virgin engineer said the speed was fine. I’ve done some speed tests with my phone app and it does seem ok at the tv area approx 250-330 mbs download which in theory is a lot quicker than my old Sky setup.
  • But when using the apps on my smart Lg Oled ( More 4) etc I can get the buffering wheel when loading and occasionally freezing during the programs, this never happened with the old slow Sky setup. My Firestick streaming live footy is mixed performance also. As I seem to be having the speeds with the Virgin package why am I having issues with the smart tv apps ( not always I might add) which was never a problem before, I did have mixed results with the firestick with Sky before that’s why I swapped the Virgin.  I was hoping this new package would resolve any failings from my old setup, Quite frustrated and confused with it to be honest! Any help out there ? Thanks in advance 
3 REPLIES 3

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Get yourself a better wifi router with 1Gb ports put hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The network settings of the Firestick are able to display the WiFi signal strength and perform a speed test.

I don't know about LG TVs but it is normal for there to be WiFi signal strength info and network test options.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Goffy63, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issues with your new install. 

I can see since posting, an engineer has attended to check on things. How are things since they're visit? Are you still having an issues? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs