Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

New router

My sister telephoned to say our hub was not working and was informed that we need a new one but they needed to speak to me as the bill payer. I am currently in India for some weeks. Can this not be dealt with by email to me as it costs me £1 a minute to telephone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router

there is no email - staff here should be able to do it via pm with yourself or live chat

as to a new hub being needed that may be true but then again unless its obviously dead i am not sure CS would know that - after do a full rest/reboot they seem to change the hub for no other reason that they are seen to be doing something

post some more info and you will get some help - it will also help staff here to get things sorted

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If its an old Superhub there is a free replacement scheme in operation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have now telephoned them at a cost of over £6 only to be told to press the blue button, why couldn't they just say this to my sister when she rang them giving all my details. Why do we need data protection for this when it is obviously used by the household who have all the necessary account details in my absence. Have yet to hear back whether this has worked due to time difference and people being at work. Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You need to nominate additional account handlers I believe who can handle the account in your absence. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, no one from Virgin has ever told me I can do this. How do I do this please? Thank you very much for all your help it is greatly appreciated, you should be on their payroll, they certainly don't help me. We did what was suggested and pressed the blue button but still no wifi so we are no further with the problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @BrenLiz

Anyone can report a fault with us and data protection does not need to be done to go through fault checks so I am sorry if you were advised of this. 

If after going through fault checks, a new Hub us needed, this can be ordered by the person calling. 

We can only have one named account holder on the account - you are unable to add any other account holder I'm afraid. There are certain restrictions that are limited to account holders only and these include things like requesting adult add-ons, a number change or itemised billing for example. 

Have the additional checks that have been performed rectified the fault yet do you know? 

I have been able to go through a few diagnostics on your account and everything is looking as it should here - there are no errors showing and the signals are within the parameters that we would expect. The Hub has been rebooted within the last 24 hours. 

Please do not hesitate to pop back if you need any further assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

We still cannot get access to emails or websites on the computer. The router is showing a blue light and 2 yellow lights underneath.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

assuming its a hub3 there should only be a white light at the bottom of the front panel

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No it's not a hub 3. My hub is approx 7 yrs old.

0 Kudos