cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router required, how do I go about it?

Allan1875
Just joined

Hi all,

Just a slight background, I work in IT.  I've had my VM router for around 6/7 years and lately the WiFi has been dropping consistently, however you can still use the internet via ethernet.

A quick reboot of the router resolves the issue, but sometimes this only resolves it for a matter of hours and obviously my kids are loosing their minds with their tablets etc.

I don't have time to call VM just now, but when I do, will they provide a replacement router or expect me to pay?  This router is definitely on it's way out.

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

They may send a technician round, or not.  They may decide to swap the hub if convinced it’s faulty.  Try and see.

In the meantime see if there’s anything that’s changed in your environment and set up that might be causing the problem.

Do some WiFi housekeeping and troubleshooting.  Use a free analyser app for a start.  

Look at getting your own kit too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Allan1875, 

Thanks for your post, I am sorry you're having this issue with your broadband services recently. 

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 01 MAR 2023 09:00 - but please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this may be causing right now. 

The outage may or may not be the root cause of your Hub issue, so please let us know how things are once the estimated fix date has been passed and we will be happy to take a second look into your WIFI connection issue.

Thanks, 

Megan_L