Menu
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer today - frustrated

The Sky boosters will only extend the 2.4Ghz band.

Does you package allow the Pods free of charge?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
MykBhoy
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hey;

I’ve tried numerous ways to connect the sky Q expander and although it says “connected” there is no way it’s made an improvement.  

I only have the phone broadband package so I doubt the WiFi pods are a free add on. I would happily buy my own mesh expanders and I have a good advisor but it would also perhaps be easier just to use the Virgin product. 

But when will the wifi pods be available? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The pods will cost you £5 per month. That’s £60 per year. That’s well on the way purchasing your own better equipment 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

As Gary says... <£60 will get you a decent basic wifi router... (more will get you better of course!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-A7-Wireless-Combined-Supports/dp/B00416PTDW/?th=1

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MykBhoy
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin not reading posts

I was prompted to make my complaint/question on here so Virgin could get involved in my problem. Some 7 days later I have had no reply from the Virgin team. To the others who have responded, I thank you. 

I moved away from Sky broadband as they couldn’t fix a problem and their efforts to reimburse weee non existent. 

I’ve had to buy my own mesh system to cover my house appropriately. This is something I was assured Virgin would be able to do. 

Virgin, you failed at the first hurdle !! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Timmatt
Dialled in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain 😞

Richw - With that setup do you know if you can still have a device wired into the Virgin kit while its in modem modem and have the wireless through that TP link?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
As Gary says... <£60 will get you a decent basic wifi router... (more will get you better of course!)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-A7-Wireless-Combined-Supports/dp/B00416PTDW/?th=1

or the C7

TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Wireless Cable Router, Wi-Fi Speed Up to 1300 Mbps/5 GHz ...

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Timmatt wrote:

snip...

Richw - With that setup do you know if you can still have a device wired into the Virgin kit while its in modem modem and have the wireless through that TP link?

Not with the VM hub in modem mode, no.

0 Kudos