Menu
hansi
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Pods trial

I had a message asking me to participate in the trial of the new pods. If I get picked, they said I can keep them after the trial. Does this mean that I won't have to pay the monthly charge. They don't make that clear.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Pods trial

@hansi wrote:

I had a message asking me to participate in the trial of the new pods. If I get picked, they said I can keep them after the trial. Does this mean that I won't have to pay the monthly charge. They don't make that clear.

Yes you will be able to keep it for free unless you leave virgin, in which case they want it back. 

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Pods trial

I believe they are yours to keep, gratis, in return for participating.  Whether they could be made to work with another ISP's equipment if you changed ISP I don't know, but doubt it.

In any event, give it a go - if you participate, and these turned out to be the best thing since sliced bread, even if you were asked to pay then you might then consider that acceptable.  If you like them, were asked to pay, but didn't like the price, then you'd know to start looking at third party mesh wifi systems.  And if you like them and aren't asked to pay then you're laughing.

There's little to lose - other than perhaps an hourly latency spike as the hub "phones home" with trial data. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks