Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New M350 Broadband Wifi extremely slow on some devices. Variable. Rebooting didn't resolve.

We recently upgraded from M100 to M350. The wifi connection can be great or appalling. Have used speedtest.cnet and sometimes it's as low as 20-30Mbps. Have tried rebooting router. Happens even if close to server. It's much worse than our oldM100.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New M350 Broadband Wifi extremely slow on some devices. Variable. Rebooting didn't resolve.

What speeds do you get when wired directly to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New M350 Broadband Wifi extremely slow on some devices. Variable. Rebooting didn't resolve.

Try the pin hole reset procedure. It’s on the back of the router, click and hold for at least 20 seconds without slipping off of it. 
ian 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. Haven't tested that, but will be fine as even via Wi-Fi, every device I refer to sometimes speednet tests super fast (approaching 150-350Mbs), and sometimes terribly slow.Once it's slow, sometimes disconnecting from wifi & reconnecting resolves it for a while, but not always. Virgin diagnostics show fine. I'm sure it is fine to the router, but something is happening intermittently between router and devices. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hence why you need to test wired to ascertain where the issue lies. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good point and you’re right. I just connected  a PC by cable and got the same rubbish 77.11Mbs....

0 Kudos