Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Customer Problems Advice Needed

Hi 

I've just up to virgin with the £79 month deal with 500mb Broadband and 2 Tivo Boxes

All was well yesterday after install was hitting 550mb Great

Today wow 

We live in a 2 bed house not massive

GF has used all her data up while watching YouTube thinking she was on the WIFI connection wrong WIFI doesn't reach our bedroom and the 2nd TV box keeps buffering on box sets

I read bad story's about the hub 3 but didn't think it would be this bad and I thought I may have got a hub 4 as I'm on the top oomph deal but was wrong

In the same room as the router great even directly above it its acceptable but anywhere else bad really bad

Lucky the engineer gave us some Virgin boosters so I thought wrong 

As soon as I've installed them my Broadband speeds have suddenly gone from 550 to 100 in same room wowwwww

Can anyone help if possible if not I'm going to cancel under cooling off period and finding a better option  

What's the point of paying for a service I cant actually use to the fullest

If anyone help or some advice would be great

Thxs

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer Problems Advice Needed

Just another quick question 

I've done a speed test and its saying WIFI 433M, Provider Virgin is that correct as I supposed to be on the 500M deal

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer Problems Advice Needed

What are you getting on ethernet cable connected devices. I would expect that if your device were capable of it, that you would get ~500 Mbps on that. Wifi is a different matter altogether. 433Mbps is pretty good IMO - 100 isn't. But why that is low, requires some troubleshooting

The Hub4 is little better than the Hub3 so forget that.

If you think your issues are purely wifi that could be due to limitations in your devices. I would take the boosters out and send them back - and get your own better quality wireless equipment to improve your home's wifi coverage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos