Menu
PJD1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Network slowing down every 15=20 mins

Hi, I have a 500MB business service that is primarily connected to devices via ethernet. The problem that has developed is that since Friday an engineer visited to check our phone line which was faulty this was resolved but also while on-site the engineer took a look at the router and said he optimized the frequency so we would have better performance.

However, the issue that has arisen is that we stream CCTV over the broadband to other sites, and every 15 or so minutes it completely halts and takes about 30 seconds before it begins to replay again. Before that everything was working absolutely fine.  

I checked with tech support and they could see that the line was slowing down and then restarting. Without doing a full reset on the router is there any way I could revert the router back to its previous settings. 

Also, I never noticed the engineer login to the router on the web portal is there something he has physically changed on the router?

Essentially the internet is not going down everything else works fine just the steaming side of the network slows down to much to knock off all the CCTV footage 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network slowing down every 15=20 mins

This board is for residential customers, you need to phone the business helpline as the equipment used for residential users is totally different than for business customers. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network slowing down every 15=20 mins

Hi there @PJD1984 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear you are facing this issue.

@Tudor is correct we are unable to assist with business accounts but you can call us on 0800 052 0800. 

Thank you very much. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos