cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network settings clashing

Albundy111
Joining in
Spoiler

Hi, my broadband seems to be working fine, but when i go in to the virgin media connect app to check all is ok, i get an orange triangle with exclamation mark on my hub 3, and my 2 boosters. This never happened before. When i click on hub 3 i get the message 'your network settings are clashing with each other. First choose the settings you want to use then continue.' 

I then get 2 options, 

1. Security type wpa-wpa2-personal

2. Security type wpa2- personal

I have tried selecting both of these but it makes no difference which one i select, i get the message 'data incorrect', it then goes back to scan my network and gives me the 3 orange triangles again. Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its all working fine - dont worry about it. The connect App is flaky at best - just look at this forum for how many posts complain about it. You dont really need it - there is little that it does that cant be done by logging into the Hub settings and doing it from there - or using other tools.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Albundy, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Connect App, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please try the following for me? 

For your Apple device, you can try this: Open Settings > Tap your name > Tap iCloud > Tap Manage Settings > Tap the Connect App > Tap Delete Data. 
For your Android device, you can try this: Open settings > Apps > Connect App > Storage > Clear data / Clear cache. 
Pop back and keep us posted. 
Thanks, 

Nat

I have already tried clearing the data/cache on my android phone. It made no difference, still getting the same result.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do you need it for ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for trying Albundy111.

Are you able to try the app on a different device at all? 

Please also try rebooting the Hub and letting it fully load back up before attempting to connect. 

Thanks, 

Nat