Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix error message: proxy or unblocker

Like others have reported before I have had an error on all my devices conneted to my Virgin Media hub 3.0 saying I am using a proxy or VPN. Contacted Netflix and they said problem is with ISP. Contacted Virgin and got an email about port forwarding??? So as other topics suggested I done a factory reset on router and still same issue. Tried it in modem mode and still same issue. So not sure I want to waste money switching it to modem mode and using a new router.

I haven't and I am not using proxy or VPN.

Even stranger some titles on Netflix do work but most don't. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix error message: proxy or unblocker

I pass the bucket back too Netflix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@dhoggan wrote:

Like others have reported before I have had an error on all my devices conneted to my Virgin Media hub 3.0 saying I am using a proxy or VPN. Contacted Netflix and they said problem is with ISP. Contacted Virgin and got an email about port forwarding??? So as other topics suggested I done a factory reset on router and still same issue. Tried it in modem mode and still same issue. So not sure I want to waste money switching it to modem mode and using a new router.

I haven't and I am not using proxy or VPN.

Even stranger some titles on Netflix do work but most don't. Has anyone found a solution?

Is it any specific URLs or just top level ones?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's so random what titles get blocked. I have said to Netflix that I get some titles but for example The Big Bang Theory is now blocked but the Crown works. Some films play but others don't. It is titles that should work in UK. It makes no sense. Netflix just said problem is with ISP.

Don't know if asking for a new IP address would work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To update I have been on and off the phone with Virgin and Netflix. Eventually had to use the Virgin Media Gadget rescue Team who went through my PC and determined nothing on my PC I am using and my system is working fine. It is my router that seems to be working as a VPN and I have to contact Virgin BroadbandTeam to get it fixed.

Will let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dhoggan 

Thanks for joining the community and for posting - sorry to hear you're having issues with your hub and Netflix. 

Could you please try a pin hole reset of the hub? This will hopefully reset everything and restore the settings back to factory standard. 

If this doesn't help please pop back and we'll go from there 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie_B

I hadalready tried pin hole reset twice previously tono avail. Tech gadget team advised router is at fault working as a VPN. Advised to contact Broadband Team which I have and getting new router sent out in next couple of days.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks for your response much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dhoggan 

Thanks for the reply, sorry to hear a reset didn't work. Glad to hear that we're getting a new hub sent out to you - please let us know when it arrives if you need any further help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New Hub router arrived and problem with Netflix error message is gone.

So if anyone else has same issue it just might be you need a new router!

Thanks for everyones comments really appreciate the help and feedback.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know that a new hub fixed the problem Dhoggan, we're around if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos