Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 61 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

Clearly Netflix is powered by skynet and has just become self aware, that’s why us humans are blocked from watching anything but Terminator....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 62 of 105
Flag for a moderator

I also contacted Netflix CS who confirmed that the various error codes pointed to a network error possibly caused DNS problems. following is extract from their feedback to me:

• Remember that your device takes different “paths” over the internet to reach different apps, so it’s normal for one app to work fine while another experiences connectivity issues. Your ISP can help find and resolve these issues.

• Ask your ISP to verify that your device is resolving DNS properly. DNS acts like a phone book for the internet that translates an address (like https://www.netflix.com) to something your computer can understand. ISPs operate servers that handle this translation for you, but if there’s a problem with the DNS server your device is connecting to, Netflix may not work.
• Ask your ISP to help you connect your device to an alternate DNS server as a test.

• Your ISP should also make sure your device can reach the following four addresses, which will test a variety of the paths to Netflix and make sure the DNS server you are connected to is working:
o secure.netflix.com
o appboot.netflix.com
o uiboot.netflix.com
o fast.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 63 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Found a workaround 

Theres a problem with authentication. Looking at the trace to work it out.

Try creating a mobile hotspot with your mobile phone. Have the TVs log onto the hotspot. Restart netflix, authenticate and then change the wifi back to Virgin. 

Everything then works albeit a little slow. 

Hope it works for you

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 64 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Hi

I've not been able to stream Netflix on any of my devices (Apple Tv, iphone, ipad, laptop,etc) despite restarting them for the past 3 days. It gives me 'Error 139'.

I called Netflix several times and was advised this is a network provider issue ie Virgin Media - I've also called VM several times, everytime I hear a new story. One guy told me it's a common issue, other guy told me I was mad!

Can anyone shed light on how to go about this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 65 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Netflix Error 139. If you experience the error code 139, 139:NFErr_MC_AuthFailure, or 139:NFErr_MC_NoCDN, often accompanied by the following message: A problem occurred while playing this item. ... It typically points to a network connectivity issue that is preventing your device from reaching the Netflix service.

So it could be Netflix just as much as the ISP. But the providers love to blame the ISP to get your off there back

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 66 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

It's 139:NFErr_MC_AuthFailure but neither VM or Netflix are taking resposibility! What do I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 67 of 105
Flag for a moderator

@Rob is it possible to get an official update please? Surely there has been enough time for data to have been gathered to pin point whether it is Netflix or yourselves that are causing it.

Is there any way of finding out what the fault reference F007627652 contains without contacting CS?

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 68 of 105
Flag for a moderator

It’s started working again for me, but it’s been intermittent for days so I’ll wait for someone at Virgin to say that they’ve fixed it. 

Pretty poor that there’s total silence from Virgin on this

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 69 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix is not streaming whilst amaz prim/appletv+ is. if i use friends internet my netflix works- he

Known issue, currently being investigated.  Forum staff are collecting data via this thread to assist the investigation:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Netflix-Issue/td-p/4116205

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 70 of 105
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this issue intermittently on a VM connection on my AppleTV. My MacBook is able to stream the content however it does take a long time to get going.

Looking at the traffic it looks like there may be an issue with or the connectivity to one of Virgin's Nextlix OpenConnect Appliances located in London. In the browser during the time it seems to be struggling to get a connection there a lot of pending/failed/canceled connections to ipv4-c008-lhr001-virginmedia-isp.1.oca.nflxvideo.net. ICMP pings to this machine are currently timing out.

If anyone from Virgin is still investigating this I can send over HAR captures if it is any help?

0 Kudos