Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 41 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Hello tracy1166

Sorry to hear of the Netflix issues experienced, can you confirm which device or devices you're having the issues on?

Is this over a Virgin Media connection (wired or wireless)? Are you able to access and view Netflix over another connection (mobile data)?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 42 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

@Hera_314 wrote:

From what I can tell, from my dealing with CS and in this thread you have no idea of the cause of the outage with Netflix streaming.

It would really be nice if you keep us inform or at least been honest about it. Or put a statement on the VIginMedia Website so that we know that you are working to resolve the issue. Instead, there is no information what's so ever and you are claiming that everything is all Hunky Dory when we call CS.

The frontline staff will almost certainly not know the reason for the outage, because they haven't been told. The phone staff not being informed that there is an issue is poor, but VM have form for this kind of thing not filtering through to the call centres.  No point criticising the forum staff for a decision or a lack of action that is taken by managers way above them.

Not sure how a statement on the VM site is any better than a staff response here.  Personally I'd rather the staff spent time collecting information via the forum in order to pinpoint the issue and help to get it resolved.  The more evidence VM have the more likely it is they will get it fixed.  I can see that the @ModTeam are merging all similar posts into this thread which is a good sign that they are taking this seriously and collating information.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 43 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

Exchange the word ‘some’ with ‘all’ and ‘intermittent’ with ‘constant’ and you are starting to appreciate the problem....

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 44 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix not working on wifi but the rest yes

my netflix works in the devices that is no conected to my home network, but when i conect my smart tv, ps4, apple tv, xbox, computer or phone to the wifi netflix stop working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 45 of 105
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to help progress the investigation Romenrique.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 46 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here!

Netflix won’t load on Smart Tv [samsung 6 series, either via Wi-fi or wired connection] nor iPad [iPad Pro] or iPhone [xs max] when connected to Virgin Media network.

Although windows 10 pc streams without issue.

I just want to watch Friends, please halp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 47 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the Netflix issues Roasted1985, can you confirm if the PC that you can stream it on is connected to your Virgin Media network?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 48 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not loading/working

As title suggests, doesn't work on V6 box, 4KFire stick but oddly partly works on laptop. Works fine over EE mobile on an iphone but once thats switched to the network it stops.

Started on Thursday I think when icons weren't refreshing on stick and reloading software restarting etc other doesn't  work. 

Other streaming services work fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 49 of 105
Flag for a moderator

Yep, windows 10 pc works absolutely fine and is definitely connected to the same Wi-fi 

ive tried rebooting/resetting everything I can on the tv/router/iPad/iPhone but no joy there at all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 50 of 105
Flag for a moderator

@Roasted1985 wrote:

Yep, windows 10 pc works absolutely fine and is definitely connected to the same Wi-fi 

ive tried rebooting/resetting everything I can on the tv/router/iPad/iPhone but no joy there at all

Curious, does the PC use a VPN or different DNS settings from the other devices?

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos