cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NORTHOLT Area - NO INTERNET for over 2 WEEKS!!!

Lightning
On our wavelength

UB5 5ET - no internet for 2 full days now. The "engineer ETA" keeps getting delayed. You keep sending these automated messages of "issue is now fixed" to cover yourselves and not provide loss of service payment to paying customers. Someone helpful from customer service advised me just now that the work within the area will carry on until 25th May which may very well mean that I will not have any connection for over 2 weeks. This is unacceptable.

I signed up for 1GB package (paying 64GBP) less than 2 months ago and I already had no service at all for over 2 full days). Can someone please advise whether VM are breaching their contract and I would be well within my rights to cancel the service altogether without incurring any fees? I signed up for an annual contract so technically I have 10 months left but I'm sure you will all agree that this crap is unacceptable.

Furthermore - Northolt station (central line) has perfect signal. I can use WiFi at the station which is 2minutes away and yet I have no connection at all in my home. This is appaling.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not entirely convinced that the issues experienced by @Lightning are completely related to the area fault being flagged up here. A contributory factor for sure, but causing outright loss-of-service that is being reported? Something doesn't add up here.

Which goes full circle to reporting the loss-of-service to VM. If it's genuinely related, then it'll serve the purpose of ensuring loss-of-service credits are appropriately triggered. If it's not related, then it stops the "suffering in silence" that can so easily happen - and at least VM know the OP is off-service.

They may need to resolve the area fault before dealing with any other separate issues that may be being masked, that's the only complication. I don't see a way around that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lightning
On our wavelength

The engineer came today - Saturday. Spent 1h and established that there's an issue with the cable. He was saying that my cable is underground whereas everyone else's (neighbors) is above ground. He supposeldy booked an emergency appointment for some construction workers to come and dig up the cable and reposition. Said should hopefully be done by Tuesday. It's funny how I still need to keep re-registering the "issue" in order to be eligable for compensation because apparently it "keeps getting fixed" somehow when cable has been DEAD for 4 days.

All sorted. 5 days with no Internet but the engineer and people who sorted out the cable were very speedy.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for keeping the thread updated with this - have you had any other contact with the team since your post or is this still arranged for tomorrow? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.