cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NORTHOLT Area - NO INTERNET for over 2 WEEKS!!!

Lightning
On our wavelength

UB5 5ET - no internet for 2 full days now. The "engineer ETA" keeps getting delayed. You keep sending these automated messages of "issue is now fixed" to cover yourselves and not provide loss of service payment to paying customers. Someone helpful from customer service advised me just now that the work within the area will carry on until 25th May which may very well mean that I will not have any connection for over 2 weeks. This is unacceptable.

I signed up for 1GB package (paying 64GBP) less than 2 months ago and I already had no service at all for over 2 full days). Can someone please advise whether VM are breaching their contract and I would be well within my rights to cancel the service altogether without incurring any fees? I signed up for an annual contract so technically I have 10 months left but I'm sure you will all agree that this crap is unacceptable.

Furthermore - Northolt station (central line) has perfect signal. I can use WiFi at the station which is 2minutes away and yet I have no connection at all in my home. This is appaling.

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The automated messages you're receiving won't have any impact on your entitlement to loss-of-service credits, providing you have registered that LOS with VM as per loss-of-service compensation help 

If you've not registered your loss of service with VM, you need to. For starters there's a 2working day lockout before compensation kicks in, so if it's fixed by next Tuesday you won't see a penny. The T&Cs you refer to don't guarantee a 24/7/365 service but make reference to all faults being repaired ASAP.

I don't see why the wireless service at a railway station has anything to do with your home connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lightning
On our wavelength

You're completely missing the point and you're clueless on how VM handle their operations.

Here's a perfect example - https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/ is DOWN right now.

Blank page on all devices - PC/Phone, etc. They just e-mailed me saying that it's been "fixed" - they keep doing this repeatedly - stating that it's fixed and in turn pausing/ending my "loss of service" for which I have to register again and again and again (and only when that site of theirs work and it's not blank page). This is disgusting. I'm just gonna switch.

And regarding home connection/station - again you are just clueless. You write before you even read. Northolt station is within my vicinity - I can physically see the trains from my window at home. It's literally 2minute walk from me. The station has full virgin media network - no issues. My connection at home for which I'm paying 64GBP each month is dead and has been dead for over 50 hours.

@Lightning wrote:

And regarding home connection/station - again you are just clueless. You write before you even read. Northolt station is within my vicinity - I can physically see the trains from my window at home. It's literally 2minute walk from me. The station has full virgin media network - no issues. My connection at home for which I'm paying 64GBP each month is dead and has been dead for over 50 hours.

You honestly think the station uses the same infrastucture as your home connection?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In addition to the point about the station very likely being on different network infrastructure to your home connection, you can register loss of service by phone not just online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Lightning wrote:

Furthermore - Northolt station (central line) has perfect signal. I can use WiFi at the station which is 2minutes away and yet I have no connection at all in my home. This is appaling.

That is just so funny 🙂 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that postcode on the service status page and it says broadband is currently fine but was worked on this morning 

Screenshot_20220512-214545.png

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried that postcode on the service status page and it says broadband is currently fine but was worked on this morning 

Screenshot_20220512-214545.png

Would be worth checking again tomorrow. It could be they are working early every morning to minimise the disruption. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Lightning
On our wavelength

These random dates/times are never accurate. The most "useful" thing you  can do in such situations is call the customer service and hope that someone brings you up to speed in terms of ETAs on the fix and such. It's now "supposed" to be fixed at "0:50am - 13th - Fri" but I am 99% sure it won't be (as always).

Lightning_0-1652388948555.png

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When working on any complex live system it's not possible to predict exactly how long each stage is going to take.  However poor VM's customer service may be, it seems in this case their technical staff are doing their best.

And certainly your thread title is not correct. 

- jpeg1