Menu
Traceytoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according to the app

NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according to the app - someone help!! Area 22

0 Kudos
Moogera
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according to the

If you take a look in the Speed forum there's a few posts regarding Area 22

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according to the

@Traceytoo wrote:

NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according to the app - someone help!! Area 22

What devices are you using?

How are they connected to the Hub? 

What messages do you get when you try to connect?

Was it OK previously? 

0 Kudos
Traceytoo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok so my husband has been complaining for a while speeds were getting slower we had an engineer in he said he could t find anything wrong and so we got some boosters he recommended it was ok for a bit but kept dropping out then on Tuesday last week it dropped out completely green flashing light kept turning on and off -  nothing - we have no internet not tv and none of our other devices are working like security cameras - they are alll pretty much connected wirelessly in fact a lot of the time when you scan for our hub now it can’t be found - when I try to connect the laptop to our hub it just says there is no network to connect to - sorry out and about so not sure of exact message - customer services say massive problem in our area but they must lie so much - it was ok until about 3/4 weeks ago would drop out but come back on if we waited / rebooted the router until last Tuesday it went completely 

thank you

0 Kudos
BrianY
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If your normally white indicator is showing green and others flashing green, indication of failure to lock onto the outside world.
Nothing you can do apart from reporting failure to Virgin.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Traceytoo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Already have - they are saying massive issue in area 22 and gave us today 22nd for a fix that’s now 24th - my guess is.m they will just keep extending - we will be moving on from VM back to sky 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connections might possibly be a separate  internal problem, but if you are not getting anything with the laptop connected directly to the hub, that is conclusive.

Call VM and report that you have no service and demand a fix. Make it clear that you will want a refund for the lack of service.

If you do not get a satisfactory response, come back here and you might be lucky enough to get the attention of one of the forum staff.

Edit: that crossed with your last post. 

0 Kudos
Traceytoo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - we have done all that and a refund is good but doesn’t really help - I need internet I work from home and I am using my hotspot so all costing extra - I am not a business so I won’t get refunded for all that and  the inconvenience- very frustrating that they can treat you like this and not give a s**t

but thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according...

Hi Traceytoo,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your services. From what you have said, it sounds like your services are being affected by an area outage. When we advise of these and give an estimated fix time, they are only estimates as things can sometimes be more complex than initially thought and sadly the estimated fix times can change. 
I can certainly understand the frustration and inconvenience this is causing you, please rest assured our team will be doing everything they can to get this resolved as soon as possible. You can keep an eye on the estimated fix times by popping your post code in here.

Apologies again for any trouble this is causing you.

Lindsey_C

Traceytoo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO INTERNET FOR 7 DAYS NOW no one listening different answers apparently no problem according...

Thanks Lindsey for the unhelpful information.

i have been using the postcode checker which constantly tells me there is nothing wrong and yet I have no internet

we got a text today to say it’s fixed but guess what I still have no internet

we spend yet more money calling customer services and he said it’ll be on in twenty minutes but guess what I still have no internet

we call again we are now being told 30th april guess what I’m unlikely to have internet or television in the near future

we are royally [Removed] we can’t leave virgin media without paying to get out we have to keep paying for something we don’t have and can do nothing about it

and guess what the icing on the cake - you are increasing our prices from May because our special deal comes to an end and are prices are increasing and a mananger is never available to speak to - virgin media are criminals I could cry with what you are doing to us it’s a disgrace and you should be ashamed I am being told I have to uphold my end of the contract and keep paying for something you are not providing but virgin media can do what the [Removed] they want it is absolutely criminal!!!!

I will be taking this to the vm ceo and any financial ombudsman that will listen absolute disgrace 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]