Menu
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 31 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: My wifi keeps dropping

The Hub3 you’ll be sent will be more a of a side-grade than an upgrade.

They're still not brilliant and the older gen hubs are better in some instances. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 32 of 36
Flag for a moderator

You're a proper ray of sunshine aren't you! 😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 33 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Just letting you know so you don’t get your expectations up and coming back ranting again is all 🙂

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 34 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I get that but surely the Hub3 has got to be better than a Superhub2 that needed replacing anyway (by their own admission).... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 35 of 36
Flag for a moderator

TBH - the best place for ANY VM Hub is in modem mode and using your own better quality wireless equipment.
The VM Hubs are trying to be modem, router & wireless access point in one "box" - and they are basic entry level units built to a low price (<£30 I would say) for mass usage. It works ok for 95% of customers hence the VM Marketing Department remains happy!
Good routers alone cost >£50, decent Wireless equipment anywhere from £70-£300 - so you can see while it struggles for some customers in a challenging wireless location - which may well be you.

Mind you... we still havent checked your network connection details which could be at the root of the issue (rather than a dodgy Hub) - as you didnt want to play with me and no one from VM has done it afaik. 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 36 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Iggy, glad to hear you got somewhere, I strongly suspect my hub, its the common component

@John, would love to have time to really get in to this stuff., but I don't so have to generally put up with what suppliers will give you. 

@ Gary, of course yes, I do have a wired connection, sincere apologies for breaking house rules and not declaring this.

0 Kudos