cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My hub4 doesn’t want to hard reset

AdnanAddow
Just joined

I have a hub4 router and it was working and all of a sudden, there is no Wi-Fi, tried Ethernet cable to access my internet, no joy. 

I tried to unplug and plug back in but no luck.

i tried holding the reset button but no luck.

When I switch the router on, it doesn’t do it’s usual flashing thing, iv got solid white light from the beginning. 

Any suggestions, thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AdnanAddow

Welcome to our Community Help Forum. Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing when you try to perform a Pin Hole reset on your Hub 4. I've checked our systems and there are no issues showing as affecting your service at the moment. Have you tried following these exact instructions to perform a Pin Hole reset?

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.
This will remove all devices that are registered on the Hub, you can then readd the ones you use which may help alleviate the issues 🙂 This will be a factory reset on your Hub, so make sure to write down any passwords beforehand.
Let me know how you get on!

Best wishes,

Serena

Highter76
Joining in

Hi I have the same issue tried everything did you get yours sorted if so how ? 

I have the exact same issue and NOTHING is working. Please give more info 

Hello Zweifler1

Sorry to hear of the issues in regards to your hub 4 and wireless network, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

It's been a few days since your post so we're checking to see if you still require assistance with this? Is it just the wireless network that's impacted? How are any wired connections you may use?

We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Rob

Yes I still need help, none of the methods you posted worked.  Wireless network doesn't even show up, it just sits with the soild white light on constantly.

Hey Zweifler1, thank you for letting us know this and I am sorry about this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this together, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

JJG92
Dialled in

Try pinhole reset on start up same methard as pinhole but its just as you turn on the router have pinhole reset pressed in for a timed 60 seconds.

Vodafone FTTP / Orbi / Nighthawk SX10 Pro / Netgear External Beta Tester My Broadband Ping - FTTH