Menu
Highlighted
pculverhouse
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: My hub 3.0 has started to just not work suddenly.

Hi Emma,

All fixed. A faulty router and possibly the box in the street had an issue too.

Thanks for your prompt attentions. And thanks to Louise who attended today to fix the problem.

regards

Phil

Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi pculverhouse, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am glad to see that things are looking better for you now. 

If you need any help in the future we will always be happy to take a look for you. 

Take care 🙂

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
deanshawuk
Joining in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Our problem was finally sorted today. An engineer visited and replaced the ONU (optical network unit) component from inside the small Virgin box attached to the outside of our house. The signal was too high - high 40s. Once replaced now low 30s (which is what it should be apparently). We ended up experiencing random reboots every single night too in addition to losing WiFi at least once a day.

The engineer reckons these might not be up to withstanding outside high temps or low temps as he has replaced a few within my city.

Hope this info helps someone else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pculverhouse
Tuning in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Looks like the same for me. The engineer that replaced the HUB3 router in my home said the same of the signal levels entering the HUB3. Looks like the road-side box optical unit was to blame also.

Phil

0 Kudos