cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Modem

Bogmonster
Tuning in

My fibre to the premesis was installed yesterday at the front of my house. The engineer was great but said he is only given about 3m of cable to install the box. Which meant it had to go in my living room. Due to having kids and pets I had to get it up higher, so that it wouldn't be chewed.

However if I'm honest, it looks bloody awful. 

I'd like it to be under my stairs cupboard which can be drilled into from the side of my house about 10m around the corner, just as BT did a couple of years ago. Is this achievable at all? I understand there might be an additional £25 fee to move it, and that's fine with me.

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should have told the installer exactly where you wanted it, not where they wanted to put it.

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thank you, I tried that but he insisted that the only cable they have is no where near long enough to go anywhere but the wall it's on.

I'll give them a call to see where I get, and cross my fingers that a VM member reaches out

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bogmonster wrote:

Thank you, I tried that but he insisted that the only cable they have is no where near long enough to go anywhere but the wall it's on. <snip>

That sounds all wrong.  Any of the technicians I've ever had do work, (very rarely thankfully) arrive with a van full of rolls of cable.  They can make cables to pretty much any length required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Bogmonster 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue after your recent install! Can I ask if you have since been able to speak with our teams in regards to this at all since your last post? 

Thanks for reaching out!

The same engineer came round this morning and moved the box to the desired location as the stores has given him a longer cable this time. So all is good now

Thank you for the update @Bogmonster 

Glad our team was able to resolve this for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs