cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Router To Another Room

Gav7777
Tuning in

I would like to get my router moved to another room. I have a wall socket in one upstairs bedroom where I have a V6 box and that’s where my router is just now but I want another socket in a different upstairs room where my pc is so I can plug directly into the router. How do I go about getting this organised?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gav7777,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

The information provided by Tudor is correct, and any equipment relocations would come at a one-time charge of £25. This doesn't need to be paid right away and will be applied to your next bill.

I've had a look on our side, and can't see any contact with our team regarding this. Please do let us know if you'd like to go ahead with the relocation, and one of our team will be happy to get this arranged.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There would be a charge of £25 to move the termination point. Might be easier to just run an Ethernet cable from the hub to the other room. No knowing the layout of you home doing this might be less obvious than the thick VM cable. Ethernet cable is faintly easy to hide.

If you want VM to move the termination box:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gav7777,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

The information provided by Tudor is correct, and any equipment relocations would come at a one-time charge of £25. This doesn't need to be paid right away and will be applied to your next bill.

I've had a look on our side, and can't see any contact with our team regarding this. Please do let us know if you'd like to go ahead with the relocation, and one of our team will be happy to get this arranged.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I would like to go ahead with this, so if you could set the wheels in motion that would be great.

Thanks

Gavin

Hi there @Gav7777

No problem, I will pop you over a PM now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

Hello can an engineer come to my house to move my router to another room?

Hi @Pham,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're looking to rearrange the installation and set up in your home then we can help arrange a technician visit to do that for you, but there would be a £25 call out fee. You can find more details on that here.

If you agree to that fee, let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I've sent you a pm Zach. Please send an engineer. Thanks.

Hi there @Pham 

We do ask that you do not send unsolicited PM's to staff as these will not be sent through.

I will instead pop you a PM now so we can look into this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.