cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem

Bignic450
Joining in

Hi,  I have a constant red light on the front of my hub, it is not overheating, and works as it should,  anything to worry about? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I should be replaced if the red LED is persistant after a power cycle.

I see this thread has been escalated, so a VM Mod should pick this up soon to discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I should be replaced if the red LED is persistant after a power cycle.

I see this thread has been escalated, so a VM Mod should pick this up soon to discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Bignic450

Sorry to hear of the red light showing constantly on your Hub, we appreciate you making us aware of this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Please can you try this for me:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.

• Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

Please report back with the result. As Adduxi has advised it may need replacing but we need to check this first pelase.

Rob

Hi, thank you for the reply, I have done all that but the red light is still on, the hub tho is still working properly. I called virgin and was told not to worry,   I would hate for it to fail. 

Hello Bignic450

Thanks for your post regarding the red light on your hub.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and arrange a swap.

In the meantime, can you please ensure the Hub is way from any direct sources of heat and in a well ventilated place.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for those details Bignic450.

Now we have booked for a visit to swap the Hub.

Can you you please let me know how the visit goes.

Gareth_L