Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Modem Mode Super Hub 3 -> DLINK DSL-3782

Does it mean that I can't even make a modem mode with SH1 and SH3? What should I do now? The situation isn't really nice for me. I do really need to fix a new IP address what should really be possible. I am getting DDOSED by the person from egy through free ddosing website, because of some game scores.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@DroniC wrote:

So what should I do now?  

Get a router with a ethernet WAN ports and have 1Gb ports.

Or if you got a PC with 2 NIC you can use ICS by MS and DLINK DSL-3782 as a AP.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@DroniC wrote:

So what should I do now? The situation isn't really nice for me. I do really need to fix a new IP address what should really be possible. 

Have you actually contacted VM about blocking the DDOS attacks?

I don't know if it would work but have you tried setting up a VPN?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Ignacy1 To be honest I didn't understand a word u said, because I don't know the meanings of those short terms. ICS/NIC etc. Can you recommend any cheap router, which is going to 100% work? Sadly I have to spend money to sort the problem out and VM can't really help me by simply changing the ip?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@DroniC wrote:

@Ignacy1 To be honest I didn't understand a word u said, because I don't know the meanings of those short terms. ICS/NIC etc. Can you recommend any cheap router, which is going to 100% work? Sadly I have to spend money to sort the problem out and VM can't really help me by simply changing the ip?

Likely be easier for you to get a router but what I was saying was 2 NIC in your PC (network interface card) or what the Ethernet cable goes into by ICS by MS (internet connection sharing) by a way to do NAT like a home router does but by Microsoft so you connect one card to the hub in modem mode ISC that card with the other and connect your DLINK DSL-3782 to do wireless and a switch with DHCP disabled.

For a cheap router

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC57U-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Wireless/dp/B07MQ67TJK/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=...

or

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MU-MIMO-Dual-Band-Wireless-Gigabit-Gateway/dp/B01M1BZ7FY/ref=sr_1_19?keywor...

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos