cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobiles not connecting to WiFi

Billy70
On our wavelength

Hello,

Been having issues with the above since Christmas Eve. It just happened for no reason - no network maintenance was done.

My Android work phone and son's Android mobile will not connect to the WiFi anymore.

Have unplugged the router, done a pinhole reset, factory reset on one phone, deleted the network and reset the password on the phones, but still showing "Failed to connect to network" WiFi is enabled and was working prior to this date, airplane mode is not enabled.

My work Android shows the networks are saved (both 2G and 5G - was linked to the 5G, deleted that and tried to just link to the 2G but had the same issue), but still say failed.

My personal Android phone and a spare handset, are all connected with no issue, as are all the devices: laptop etc.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much, and for replying : )
The tech department told me to hold the reset button for a few seconds to resolve the issue.
Many calls later, another technician told me to hold it down for a full minute - and it has resolved the problem.
The frequencies were split but the tech person amalgamated it under one network. Manoj, the second tech person I spoke to, said he would do that and it would set overnight. He did not, and this was done yesterday by a total superstar with the 1 minute advice.
Unsure why it suddenly became an issue as we used split networks for over a year.
All resolved now and thanks to yesterday's tech man.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Billy70 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, were so glad to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your mobile phones! Can I ask if the phones have any issues connecting to any other networks or just the home network? 

To confirm, are the two frequencies, 2.4ghz and 5ghz split? If so do the phone connect when they are together and optimised? 

Thank you. 

Thank you so much, and for replying : )
The tech department told me to hold the reset button for a few seconds to resolve the issue.
Many calls later, another technician told me to hold it down for a full minute - and it has resolved the problem.
The frequencies were split but the tech person amalgamated it under one network. Manoj, the second tech person I spoke to, said he would do that and it would set overnight. He did not, and this was done yesterday by a total superstar with the 1 minute advice.
Unsure why it suddenly became an issue as we used split networks for over a year.
All resolved now and thanks to yesterday's tech man.

Would that be the reset button on the router?

Billy70
On our wavelength

Yes that's the one.