Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low Speeds Wired and Wifi m350

i just did a network diagnostic scan on 192.168.0.1  it says 4/5 connected wifi devices have low signal strength but on the VM app it says the signal stength is fine, this really does confuse me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting full speed wired on a laptop then there's no line issue.

Consoles will never (or rarely) get full speeds.

And again, wifi speeds, connectivity etc. cannot be guaranteed.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

but what i dont understand is that i get more wifi than wired connections, the first week we had it, was amazing 24/7 250/350mbps never interupted or anything it all went down as soon as Corona virus happened, we was all told internet was gonna half speeds or something like that ever since the hub has never been the same
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

No one was ever told the internet was going to halve in speeds.

Some providers, such as Netflix and indeed PSN reduced their bandwidths on connections to not get everyone on at "full speed" in order to make more room for everyone connecting from home.

This could inevitably be the reason why your PS speed is slower compared to a direct connection for a pc/laptop.

But again, since you're getting full speeds via said device on a wired connection, there is no issues with your line or connectivity.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

okay, one more thing, i went onto 192.168.0.1 and i went to connected devices and it shows (MBPS) it shows the wireless playstation with 571mb ( more wifi speed than the package itself...m350 ) but i do a speedtest and im hitting 150mb right now ( only higher than 20mb because theres barely any devices on right now ) which one am i to believe or am i missing something?
TomsLaptop MAC ADRESS IP 70.41MBPS WI-FI 2.4G VM1979302
WIRELESS PS4 MAC ADRESS IP 571.28MBPS WI-FI 5G VM1979302
IPHONE MAC ADDRESS IP 57.58MBPS WI-FI 2.4G VM1979302
RingPro-f7 MAC ADDRESS IP 146.48MBPS WI-FI 5G VM1979302
am i missing something a wireless ps4 with 571mbps on m350 package even though ps4 speedtest says 150 currently??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

The speeds are link speeds.

Not speeds you'll get when actually downloading.

My iPhone XS Max connects to my hub with a link speed of 877Mbps but I get downloads speeds of around 300-400Mbps on the device.

0 Kudos