cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lovely intermittent connection AGAIN

Davidb0099
Tuning in

Like words can not describe how fed up I am with virgin media broadband. I'm considering cancelling my contract and going with another provider even tho the highest speeds I can get is 63mbps. Its beyond a joke how many issues I have with this company. Last year it was 6months of intermittent connection. From January to June. Now its starting all over again. Been 2 weeks. 2 technician visits. I cannot take this **bleep** anymore. They come "sort my power levels out" they "check the box outside" when I know, they know, it's just utilisation issues AGAIN another 6 months of this **bleep** until they spend money to fix it. This is typical day. As you can see the day before I was without Internet for a few hours. Everyday for the past 2 WEEKS this has been the state of my connection. Getting worse with each technician visit.  

Screenshot_20230213-111454_Chrome.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

That BQM doesn't show utilisation problems.  Based on the regular cycling of the packet loss, it is most likely cause is a failing active component (eg signal amplifier where the fault occurs when well loaded) in one of the street cabinets, and nothing to do with your hub, or your individual line.

The fault needs passing to a senior technician or to the networks team.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Davidb0099 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the intermittent connection issue. I can see you've had a tech visit since the post, I hope this has cleared everything up for you.

Please do keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill