cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost hub password

webbc
On our wavelength

I needed my hub password to set up wifi speakers after a power outage. None of the previously used passwords worked so decided to reset hub to factory settings. Pressed reset for advised time but now it doesn’t connect to internet. Any advice welcomed.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did the power outage trigger a VM fault ?

Are your neighbours similarly affected ?

Check first for any “known network faults - Try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

If If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

webbc
On our wavelength

Answer to the first two questions is No

Check service status: no problems 

Rang automated number: no problems 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
So did you hold the reset button for the full 60 seconds?

Does the Hub settings password then work to get into the Hub settings on... 192.168.0.1 ? If so the wifi password should work - have you tried setting up a device from scratch on the SSID on the sticker with that password?

If that isnt working - what "error" message do you get?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

webbc
On our wavelength

Timed the reset with Siri from my phone so I think I did. 
SSID is not showing in networks so can’t enter anything. 
I have no internet at all so 192.168.0.1 is unavailable.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
192.168.0.1 just connects your browser to the Hub - no internet required - and no wifi needed either - if you connect it on an ethernet cable - that will get you in.

Check the 0800 number again in case a known fault has been identified.

If not call it in as a fault

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi webbc, 

Thanks for your post and for letting us know about the issues you've been having. 

Checking things this end, it looks as though the hub is online. There are some issues with the signal levels on your downstream so this could be causing some issues. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs