cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of internet/very poor customer service

Cfrancis
Tuning in

Problems started in mid January when I was having intermittent Internet connection. 

Engineer came out on 26th January and tried to fix the cable and made it worse, causing complete loss of internet. I have been without the Internet since then.

Virgin arranged for technicians to come out on 10th February, which isn't great as I work from home, so I put in a complaint to resolution team and waited. 

On 8th February I got an email saying the resolution team tried to contact me, which is not true as I received no call text or email and neither did my wife, who they have contact details for. They then put a link in the email for me to claim compensation, even though a customer rep said it will be automatically applied, when I called them on the 26th. I clicked the link and it said that page can't be found. I replied to inform the resolution team of this and then got on the phone again to confirm with a rep that compensation will be applied automatically which they said yes it will. I have yet to hear back from the resolution team. 

Yesterday when the technicians were meant to come between 8am and 1pm, no one did and no one contacted me in any manner to update me. I phoned a rep again who cut me off. Phoned Again and a rep said someone will update me and they will be coming later that day as the previous job was taking longer.

I waited until 16:45 and phoned again as I needed to leave and pick up my child. The rep said I didn't need to be home when the work is being done, which is the 1st time I was told this! He also said they would be round before 6pm. I went out came back at 7pm and my Internet was still not working. I phoned another rep who couldn't tell me if engineers had actually been out to my address. She then gave a recall date of 23rd March, which is completely unacceptable. She also said the fix would take 2 people to complete, which virgin should know anyway and book accordingly. She then gave me a number of 02037065275 to call, which I called and is no longer in use and when I tried to phone back they office had closed. Showing she just wanted to get off the call and go home.

I phoned early this morning to get some answers and the rep said they would get a manager to call me back with some answers on why no one had updated me from virgin about anything and when the work is getting done. She said the manager would phone between 11 and 4.

15 mins later engineers turned up at my door to do the work. No one contacted me about them coming. Unfortunately because of the weather they couldn't do the work as the access they needed was frozen and they have to leave it to defrost and better weather then return but didn't give me a date when that would be as their contracted out be virgin. 

At 4:30 I. Rang back AGAIN and the rep saw my account was updated with a note saying a manager should ring me back. They tried to pass me to the field team to see what was happening and then cut me off AGAIN. I phoned back and the next rep passed me through to the construction team, who's office is closed at the moment so the automated service told me to ring back and hung up. 

So as I write this I'm on hold again trying to talk to someone who knows what's going on. I have spent hours on the phone waiting and explaining my situation multiple times. I trust no one to contact me from any team, especially the resolution team or a manager. 

For a communication company, no department actually seems to communicate with each other or their customers. I've never received a call text or email, it's always me contacting virgin. Virgin are happy to pass me links that don't work and numbers no longer in use. 

I've had enough of apologies, I want an actual person to update me who knows what's happening but I've given up on that happening as promises of contact never happen.

Even if I'm compensated the £8 a day for the loss of internet, it won't be enough to satisfy my displeasure at virgin

77 REPLIES 77

Hi Cfrancis,

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear you still haven't had a satisfactory response to your complaint, I can see a new complaint is showing on the account I will be more than happy to discuss this in further detail with you, I will send you a invite into a private chat.

I will send you a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Just an update. I had Kelly communications come out today when they weren't expected. They said they were going to lay a new lead but after 30 mins they realised that there was a blockage further up the road, which I knew about and so should they. 

It just seems the field team sent some engineers without discussing the full matter with other teams and that water work needs to be done.

So yet again virgin teams not talking to each other and representatives telling me something I already know.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Very sorry to hear that @Cfrancis and can appreciate this is not ideal at all, we do apologise.

Did any work get carried out at all? 

Has the installation date been changed at all? 

Thanks. 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No work has been done as expected. There's a blockage further down the line which needs to be fixed by the water company as its deteriorated the cable.

Virgin needed to get extra permission from the council, which I wasn't told about and had to phone up and I find out myself, when I was initially told 7 to 10 days.

So I expect nothing to be done until april

Thanks for getting back to us @Cfrancis.

We can only apologise on behalf of our team for this experience.

I have just had a look at your account and I can confirm the appointment for the necessary work has been booked.

We hope to resolve this for you and to get your service up and running again.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This company is horrible and unacceptably bad. They have tried to chat through text all day but every time I press one, they say they're going to connect me and never do.

One person got back to me when I said I was at work until 1:30. When the automated text asking if I was still there, I said yes and that's the last I heard from them.

Virgin, you have my number so call me! It's obviously something bad you have to tell me and can't be bothered to even talk to me.

This is the worst company and definitely the worst Internet provider I have ever been with 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Cfrancis

Thank you for reaching out to us,  I can see that you have spoken with a member of our team in the last 10 minutes, have they been able to discuses this issue further?  I do believe that we were trying to reach you with regards to your complaint.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No, no one got back to me. I had to phone again, because the virgin team are incapable of phoning even though they have my number.

Just found out my work has been put back until 7th May, which would be 102 days since total loss of service and be over £816 in compensation.

The work keeps getting pushed back further and further and there's little to no update from virgin.

The manager then said I would have to wait the 30 days if cancelling for a service I don't have which I'm paying for! I finally got him to say I wouldn't have to wait the 30 days and there wouldn't be a exit fee (how generous).

No offence to the Mods in here but you can do nothing to help

Also no mention about my ongoing complaint. At least I know it's still open, as it should be 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have reached out the the AFM and asked him to provide me with an update as to where things are up to. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M