Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss of internet connection

Been having an issue for about 4 months now where I will randomly loose my internet connection, happens about 4 days a week, resetting my router makes no difference and the internet will be down for anywhere from half an hour to 4/5 hours then randomly comes back on, at first I was told it was an issue with a lot if traffic on the network in my area then i was told it was my a network fault in my area then it was my router at fault had it replaced and still having the issue, now I'm told I need an engineer out, booked one last saturday for this saturday, then today there is a network issue in my postcode so they have cancelled the engineer as my issues are apparently being caused by this network issue even though that only started last night and my issue has been going on since march! This is the 4th time they have cancelled the engineer but the issue is NOT resolved now I have to wait until tomorrow to rebook the engineer AGAIN! Anyone else having this issue or have any possible causes or fixes? 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of internet connection

I share your pain too - my heart sinks when I am in the middle of something and the wifi icon in Windows 10 gets replaced by the globe ( no wifi) connection. I can immediately reconnect which seems to me the connection was dropped remotely. Indeed, this never happens when I use a O2Wifi hotspot when I work in the office .

As you can imagine this  is really affecting my ability to work from home.  Indeed, it often happens when I am in Skype or MS Teams.  Has Virgin got a log of these dropouts from their end -  I suspect they know this is happening. 

Note, today I set up a free BQM to see if I can't collate more evidence. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andlloyd1, 

Welcome to our community and thanks for your post 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with the internet. I've had a look and can see there is an SNR issue that's currently affecting you.

It's due to be resolved on the 26th July at 9.30am. Fault reference F007267371. 

Once it's been resolved it will be reviewed for the automated compensation scheme.

Very sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you.

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Typical response from you to he honest, you obviously haven't paid attention to anything I wrote as this issue has been ongoing for over 4 months so hardly think the issue identified will be the fix and even if it is what has it taken over 4 months to be detected!? Every time I speak to you a network fault suddenly appears and is blamed for my issues when it is clearly and more fundamental problem due to the length of time I've been having this problem, also interesting that my post is ignored for almost a week then when a network fault appears AGAIN you suddenly reply, you obviously don't know/care what the actual issue is so just keep fobbing me off, I can 100% guarantee that after this latest apparent issue is resolved I will still be having problems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry it feels that way Andlloyd1,

We aim to pick up posts as soon as possible. 

I'm more than happy to further look into what's causing these issues for you, however whilst there is an area fault we are unable to run through diagnostics.

If you pop back when the area fault has been resolved we can then proceed with the fault checks.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos