Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Locked out of Virgin Media Hub

Hi, I am locked of the page shown in the picture. - screenshot below

It will not take any username or password I try, INCLUDING the correct one shown on the back of the hub.

Things I have tried:

1. Reset button for 30 seconds, followed by switching power to hub off for 60 seconds.

2. Reset button  for 30 seconds, leave system alone for 60 seconds

3. Switch entire thing off for 5 minutes at the power source.

Nothing resets the password to default, and it will not accept the default password - totally stuck !

vm 2.JPGHi VM.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked out of Virgin Media Hub

Hi Pete,

Please send me a PM with your account number and Area ref and I'll look at getting an updated hub sent to you

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub "on" disconnect any ethernet connections and push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

It looks like they have SH1 not SH3.

Thanks
Harry
VM Field Tech

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a Helpful Answer once issue is resolved!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@HarryVMTech wrote:

Hi John,

It looks like they have SH1 not SH3.

Ahhh... good spot 😀  

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sending now

Kind Regards

Pete

0 Kudos