Menu
Adrian_C
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency spikes on the hour

Here is the graph showing the moment it started on the 14th October, after a disconnect at 02.00.

vm spikes start.jpg

0 Kudos
Adrian_C
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved.

VM had changed my IP address (presumably on the 14th October), so I've been monitoring someone else’s connection since then! Updated BQM with my new IP address yesterday, and I haven’t seen any hourly spikes since. Still getting occasional hub reboots though, but I think that is a problem on the router side. Anyway, thank you to all who offered their advice and observations. Gary, hope you manage to sort out your spikes – perhaps I’ve been monitoring your connection?!

Adrian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Adrian_C wrote:

Problem solved.

VM had changed my IP address (presumably on the 14th October), so I've been monitoring someone else’s connection since then! Updated BQM with my new IP address yesterday, and I haven’t seen any hourly spikes since. Still getting occasional hub reboots though, but I think that is a problem on the router side. Anyway, thank you to all who offered their advice and observations. Gary, hope you manage to sort out your spikes – perhaps I’ve been monitoring your connection?!

Adrian

They must have done some network segmentation work or something. Their IP’s are dynamic but they usually apply themselves based on the MAC address of the hub. But good news that you got to the bottom of it

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos