Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LOCKDOWN emergency! Samsung TV wifi suddenly not connecting

Samsung TV LED48 was working fine with connecting to WiFi. 

We changed nothing, and suddenly yesterday it no longer connects to the network. What's happened here??! I've tried looking through the forums to get it to work but no success so far. 

Of note, all other devices continue to connect to internet without any problems, so it is something in the way the TV is connecting. 

I've tried disabling channel optimisation, changing the network names and renaming the network SSIDs. No luck. 

When we go to try and connect to network it finds our network but 'cannot connect to the network'. There is a MAC address but IP and subnet reads as 0.0.0.0. Have tried DNS set to automatic, and also manually set to 8.8.8.8.

Please help! Lockdown and no internet TV is not proving a great combination......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: LOCKDOWN emergency! Samsung TV wifi suddenly not connecting

Have you reset the network on the TV?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you connect the TV by ethernet cable? It's always more reliable than WiFi for video.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes - tried resetting network on TV multiple times.... 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately we cannot make the ethernet cable reach (it's only short), and no chance of going out to get some longer ethernet in lockdown aside from ordering off the internet!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You would probably be better searching for an answer with Google or on the Samsung forums.  Here is an example of a similar issue from the Samsung forum and the replies include a few different suggested fixes:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Samsung-Smart-TV-stopped-connecting-to-internet-wifi-and/td-p...

Search with your specific Samsung model number to increase your chances of getting the right solution.

AV Forums have a Samsung TV specific forum where you will probably find more knowledgeable folks about this subject:

https://www.avforums.com/forums/samsung-tvs-forum.145/

I have had a couple of Samsung TVs but always connect them with Ethernet.  Only ever used WiFi for my mum's Samsung TV until the WiFi in the TV stopped working and I switched to Ethernet via powerline adapters.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos