Menu
bmusa85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just recieved my Hub 4 today and the power lead that came in the box does not fit !!!

I just recieved my new HUB 4 today and as i went to connect it all up i noticed the power lead included in the box does not fit in the router?? The cable they have provided is exactly the same as the one thats in my current HUB 3, iv also checked the new cable in the old hub 3 and it connects into the back of that.. so seems like its a completely different cable that i should have got in the box with the new hub 4. i was going to cancel my virgin services but was convinced by the operator to stay, i decided to go with this as ive been having issues with my hub and internet dropping out etc and was assured this is the best of the best so with this new router and an upgrade in my traiff i shouldnt get any issues. Not a great start already also iv had to pay a fee for the router which is now causing me more inconvienience.. i tried calling virgin media twice today and aas hung up on twice after being on hold 10 /15 mins each time.. can someone please call me and sort out and i also expect some money back for the issues iv had already.. the service from virgin is shoddy really regretting paying 69 pounds a month just for broadband and basic tv and phone... 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just recieved my Hub 4 today and the power lead that came in the box does not fit !!!

I'll flag that for a staff response, because they should be able to send out an appropriate power lead.

In the meantime, you should be in the 14 day "cooling off period" with your new contract, if you've changed your mind.  I must say that I suspect you've been sold a pup if you were already having connection problems, because the Hub 4 is more demanding of line quality than a Hub 3.  If you've been upsold to Gig1, I, unimpressed, they should have sorted out the problems you were already having first, if you've got  Hub 4 and aren't on Gig1 then that means you're in an area of "over-utilisation".  A Hub 4 can help a bit with downstream over-utilisation (as long as sufficient other customers on your segment have one as well), if it is upstream over-utilisation then I remain to be convinced that the Hub 4 will make much difference at all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just recieved my Hub 4 today and the power lead that came in the box does not fit !!!

Hi bmusa85

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the cable issue. We can't send a cable out because the work order for the change over is still open, however we can't activate that as you'd have no broadband in doing so.

I've therefore booked a technician visit and the details can be found here

I've also emailed the field manager for your area and explained the details, see if they can drop one round quicker and get that visit cancelled.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
bmusa85
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So I had a message that they've activated my services even though my hub 4 is not plugged in and now iv lost all internet and phone services since last night.. this is getting worse, I have no internet now at all, so cant work from home or kids cant do home learning either.. what a joke .. I called in the morning and the lady who sounded a little impatient with me assured me my old services would be reactivated this has still not happened I'm fed up already with virgin media , whilst I'm typing this iv been cut off whilst being on hold for 1hour with virgin media someone please help me.. I cant wait till thursday. [MOD EDIT: Removed] my work number or [MOD EDIT: Removed] is my personal but not great signal

0 Kudos
bmusa85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Complaint Ref Number which I asked to be created today c0501211045

0 Kudos