Menu
dolph66
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Issues with linksys velop

Hey guys,

I currently have an issue. I have the Virgin Media Hub 4 and a couple of Linksys Velop Nodes. The Parent Node is connected to the hub 4, The last test I did got 829 down and 53 up. The coverage is around the house is relatively good, there are no connection drops and 5 bar connection. 2 days ago, I was getting around 150 - 200 download and very bad upload (barely 10). We noticed this and checked the settings, we decided to split the WIFI's just to test out something (2.4Ghz & 5ghz) just to test something, and for some reason not all of the nodes responded well to this. So every node except the living room had to be reset, I used the 5G wifi to connect them, it was all fine and good. Now I notice that I have extremely good upload speed (consistent 50), but sub-par download speed (50-70 mbps). We decided to join the WiFi 2.4 and 5ghz again just to see what would happen, and I still get the same speeds of 50-70 download and 50 upload. 

I looked at an online forum, and the suggestion was to disable WMM from Device Priority, however it made both download and upload speed even worse (around 16 download and 16 upload).

What should I do? Would resetting the velop nodes and starting from scratch help or is there a fix?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
FAM0422
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with linksys velop

I have found the velop to be more stable and better speed in Bridge mode.

Seperate the SSID 2.4GHZ and 5ghz
Turn off all Advance WiFi such as steering Client and node.
Turn of air time fairness

The above can be found in the Web interface and not app by Clicking on CA Right side bottom menu. 

Also before going to bridge make sure Device priorities is off also.

My set up is
Modem VM hub
EA8300 Router WiFi Off
Velop Mash

I have around 25 devices connected at peak times with 20 being on the WiFi.

School and homeworking plus grandpa being on YouTube all day.

Not one drop or issues.

All the best.

Use Good ethernet CAT Cables CAT 7 and above if you have 200+ Connection

0 Kudos