cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Hub 3.0, Seeking replacement

KyrohC
Joining in

Dear VM Staff,

I would like to replace/upgrade my hub 3.0 as i have been recieving this notice in my logs for the past week or so now....

NOTICE ATOM is restarted due to Kernel/oops panic as part of Self Healing Mechanism

I have researched that this is a CPU overload due to the amount of processes happening at any one time. All devices lose connection for a minute or so and then reconnect, this has been occuring every half an hour sometimes, seemingly whilst i am online gaming with multiple other devices streaming videos at the same time. This leads me to believe that theres nothing wrong with the wifi or the broadband itself but the fact that the hub cant handle the amount of processes happening, I wouldnt like any run arounds of hub resets or anything like that as ive spent the last week on forums trying a bunch of things to no avail.

I have also tested this theory by limiting device usage for a day and not playing any online games, i had almost no issues until i tried playing a game today then bam after 10 mins in game it cuts out again and the same message in the logs occured, this was whilst other devices were also streaming videos or games.

Would greatly appreciate a response on this as id rather not go through the call centre option as im not great with understanding foreign accents over the phone.

Kind regards,

Kyroh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KyrohC thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having internet connection issues and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Re ATOM - See messages 4 and 8 in here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/NOTICE-ATOM-is-restarted-due-to-Kernel-oops...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @KyrohC thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having internet connection issues and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R 

KyrohC
Joining in

Not sure what the problem is but it seems to have gotten worse, getting all sorts of warning logs. Woke up to find this happened in the night...

Time Priority Description

20/03/2023 00:23:29criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/03/2023 00:20:37criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/03/2023 00:19:3Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/03/2023 00:18:59criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
20/03/2023 00:18:58Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Update(for anyone interested): Technician has been out and changed my hub, no issues since. Very greatful to the helpful VM staff member who reached out to resolve my case and the friendly technician who replaced my hub.

Thanks VM one happy customer here!