Menu
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet very slow only on PC (windows 10)

@antispop wrote:

HI, It used to work perfectly fine, so the card is fine. 

Thanks

With computing and networking don't ever think that if it was good yesterday it must be good today.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@antispop wrote:

Hi, thank you replying. 

Could you let me know how to "report back the link speed for the card" from the Device Manager? 

On the Hub, Connected Devices page says "53.44" connection speed. I'm just doing speed test and is not more than 5mb per second. Thanks

How to check network adapter speed using Control Panel
  1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Click on Network and Internet.
  3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
  4. Click the Change adapter settings in the left pane. Source: Windows Central.
  5. Double-click the network adapter (Ethernet or Wi-Fi). ...
  6. Check the connection speed in the Speed field.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
antispop
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, It says 72Mbps

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Then it’s probably on the 2.4Ghz band.

Have you split the WiFi SSID’s and manually connected to the 5Ghz band?

EDIT: what is the make and model of the wireless  card?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
antispop
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

TP-Link 802.Re: Internet very slow only on PC (windows 10)

TP-LINK - Archer T6E PCI Wireless Adapter - AC 1300, Dual Band

How do I change it to 5Hz or split the WiFi SSID’s and manually connected to the 5Ghz band?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TP-Link 802.Re: Internet very slow only on PC (windows 10)

@antispop wrote:

TP-LINK - Archer T6E PCI Wireless Adapter - AC 1300, Dual Band

How do I change it to 5Hz or split the WiFi SSID’s and manually connected to the 5Ghz band?

Thanks a lot!

If you do this you’ll need to reconnect all other wireless devices again as it will change the SSID they are connecting to.

Logon to the hubs admin page, go to Advanced Settings, Wireless, Wireless Signal.

Rename the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to something different or add _2 and _5 respectively to differentiate between the two.

Save and apply the changes then connect to the required SSID.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
antispop
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot, I have to go outside now but I will try like in a couple of hourse. Thank, I really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To refine your Wi-Fi management, 

Best done with a cable connected device.

Instructions for Hub 3

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name [SSID] > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name [SSID] > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub then reboot using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your Wi-Fi again.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

When you connect the devices do it at the furthest point from the Hub that the device will be used.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

antispop
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. It's working better now. It doesn't give 100mb velocity (as myphopne, tablet, etc) but at least I'm getting 50/60mb. Thanks.

0 Kudos
antispop
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. 

0 Kudos