cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

Bull76
Tuning in

Does anyone have any idea why my Internet speed is nowhere near what I'm paying for, I'm on the 1gb speed and get about 300mbps over WiFi and everything is working correctly? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bull76

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your speed concerns. 

There are many different factors that can affect your overall WiFi speed which is why it is best to try an ethernet connect speed test or try the Sam Knows speed checker here to see what speeds are at your router. To use Sam Knows you'll need to be on your home network without running a VPN. 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues in the area or with your hubs specs. Please keep us posted with how you get on with your speed checks and should you have any further concerns, we'll be here on the community forums should you need. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to be doing speed tests over Ethernet cable to be sure.

Otherwise you're also involving the variables of wireless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info 👍

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bull76

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your speed concerns. 

There are many different factors that can affect your overall WiFi speed which is why it is best to try an ethernet connect speed test or try the Sam Knows speed checker here to see what speeds are at your router. To use Sam Knows you'll need to be on your home network without running a VPN. 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues in the area or with your hubs specs. Please keep us posted with how you get on with your speed checks and should you have any further concerns, we'll be here on the community forums should you need. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley